Owning a beautiful timepiece that makes a statement about your style and personality has always been a tradition. Buying a Rolex, Cartier, Omega, Franck Muller, or other designer watch comes at a high price tag, sometimes as much as a new car. If you have ever worn one of these magnificent watches then you understand the value and why people could spend thousands of dollars for the specific watch they want. Unfortunately, not everyone has that type of money but would still like to own a timepiece that can help give them a distinguished look. Luckily, lasting designer watches have been produced for over a century and there are many brands and models available used at a much lower cost. Buying a pre-owned timepiece is a great alternative for someone looking to save money, add an aged and elegant style to their appearance, and own a quality timepiece.
Benefits of buying a used watch:
- Better with age: Like a fine wine or vintage car, designer Rolex and Cartier watches get better with age. Why buy brand new when you can own what has already been proven as a “classic” timepiece. On top of the style and story that comes along with a pre-owned watch, your purchase will lose hardly any value. When you buy a brand new watch, the value decreases as soon as you walk out of the store. A pre-owned watch will not decrease in value, and may even increase as an antique.
- Lower Cost: The latest and greatest watches are always slightly overpriced, making it difficult for many people to own a designer watch. Buy your Rolex pre-owned and save hundreds off of retail price. If you are shopping at a trustworthy retailer like Levi Family Jewelers, you won’t find any shady deals or price gauging, but you will find quality watches at a price that will ensure you get the maximum value.
- Quality: Designer watches such as Rolex and Cartier have been the industry leaders for a century because of their commitment to quality products. Buying pre-owned or brand new, you can be confident in the quality and dependability of your watch. A 50-year-old Rolex will still have the same level of quality it did back then.
- No one will know it’s used: With most used products, there is a stigma attached to it because it has been previously owned. With a Rolex, no one will have any idea it was ever pre-owned.
- Bargain Hunting: Unless you get lucky at an auction site or classified listing, you are not likely to find an extremely low price. Used watches, especially Rolexes, maintain their value for many years and will still demand a high price. That being said, Levi Family Jewelers offers competitive prices, usually far below retail cost.
What to look for:
- Reputable Dealer: Although it is appealing to find a killer deal on auction sites and Craigslist, don’t risk your money on something that could potentially be broken, fake, or even overpriced. When you use a reputable dealer like Levi Family Jewelers, they can explain to you why the watch is valuable, help you choose what is right for you, and provide ongoing services, including a warranty.
- Functionality: You can never be 100% sure if a watch is working properly when you buy it from an online dealer. Pre-owned high end timepieces should work perfectly when you purchase them. Come into Levi Family Jewelers and test the watch out for yourself.
- Document of Authenticity: There is a large market for counterfeit designer watches and many of them look identical to the real thing. You can guarantee you don’t buy a fake by asking if the seller has a document of authenticity available. If they don’t have the certificate, it does not necessarily mean the watch is a fake, but you should take more caution before purchasing it. Inspecting a watch first hand, rather than online, is the best way to verify the authenticity if the document is not available.
- Serial Numbers: These are not necessarily important in determining the value of the pre-owned watch, but they can help determine authenticity if the dealer does not have a document proving it.
- Warranty: A good watch reseller will provide a warranty for any pre-owned watch they sell. You should look for anything between 1-3 year warranties for pre-owned watches. Although the top brands were built to last forever, you don’t want to run the risk of something going wrong and losing all of your investment. Buying a high end watch is an important decision and investment, be sure to take it seriously and get a warranty with the purchase.
- Lifetime Care and Maintenance: Not every seller will provide this, but Levi Family Jewelers takes pride in our pre-owned watches both in helping you select the right one and keeping it working and shining for years to come. If you buy a pre-owned Rolex from us, you can be confident that your watch will be taken care of.
- Free Polishing: Another unique offering offered only by the top pre-owned Rolex dealer is free polishing for as long as you own the watch. Your watch says a lot about you as a person and you want to keep it glowing every time you take it out in public. Keep your watch polished on a regular basis and it will bring back its original glow from when it came out of the box.